Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winter Dreams

A friend of mine recently sent me a poem she wrote for me. She said to "Picture one of your red-hot character lovers next to you!" 


(Thanks - I will!  happy smiley #541 )  


A big shout-out to Kathy Shattuck, who blogs at Prosetry in Motion. She gave me permission to share this - enjoy!

Winter Dreams

By
Kathleen Sara Shattuck





Close your eyes my nightingale
Visions in sleep will soon entail
Solstice scenes
Within your dreams

Close your eyes to landscapes untold
Hold them near as they unfold
By the fire on cold winter nights
Wishing dreams of beautiful sights

A crackling fire sings of past glories
Floating, drifting, to lullaby stories
Soft and warm, and near to my heart
You lie beside me, and feel the spark

Encircled, entangled, in ecstasy
Our bodies glow in the firelight
Smoldering, burning, tumultuously

Our hearts catch on fire, as the blanket on the floor
Grab the fire extinguisher
my love
and head for the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment