Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Big thanks to my friend and fellow struggling author JENNIFER TANNER for honoring my blog with another Liebster Award!
Jennifer also tagged me in her "Ten Random Facts" - this requires me to tag four more blogs and list ten random facts about myself.
The four blogs I'm tagging belong to:
1. GABRIELLA EDWARDS - Her blog is called "The Story of Ro: Confessions of an Erotic Romance Writer." Gabriella is a great friend and long-time critique partner - you can follow her on Facebook here. And if you haven't read UNTIL EMIE yet, what are you waiting for? (Warning: It's HOT!)
2. DEBBIE HAUPT - Her blog is called "The Reading Frenzy." Debbie moderates Barnes & Noble's General Fiction board at BN.com, and reviews for Library Journal, RT Reviews, Mira, Grand Central, Tor, Penguin and more. Stop into BN.com and hang out with Debbie and me!
3. MARY ULRICH - My friend Mary's blog is called "Climbing Every Mountain: A Base Camp for Parents and Caregivers of People with Disabilities." A fellow member of the Ohio Valley chapter of RWA, Mary is also an aspiring writer.
4. CAREY CORP - Carey is another OVRWA friend. Her YA story THE HALO CHRONICLES: THE GUARDIAN was an RWA 2010 Golden Heart finalist. Carey's blog is called "My Own Brand of Madness" - check it out!
Okay, now for Ten Random Facts about me:
1. One of my all-time favorite movies is AMERICAN DREAMER starring Tom Conti and JoBeth Williams.
2. My future husband and I were voted Most Affectionate Couple in the senior issue of our high school paper.
3. I was named after REBECCA OF SUNNYBROOK FARM.
4. When I was in high school, I starred in a freshman production of SORRY, WRONG NUMBER.
5. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 55. I have accumulated an embarrassing number of sparkly earrings since then.
6. In July 2007 I read my first Jennifer Crusie book. In October 2007 I attended Jenny's "Cherry Con" in Covington, KY, which included several writing workshops. It was at this mini-conference that I decided to try my hand at writing fiction. I finished my first story, OVER EASY, in January 2008 - it finaled in three contests. I still like parts of it, and hope to revise it one of these days.
7. Driving: Hate it. I am the world's biggest chicken. I don't like night driving, expressway driving, driving in rain or snow. Yes, I have a license. But I avoid driving as much as possible.
8. I am a greeting card junkie. I collect cards for all occasions so I always have plenty to choose from. Cards with random sayings are favorites, along with anything sparkly. I like to match cards to my friends and then save them until their birthdays.
9. I was born in Hot Springs, Arkansas, even though I never lived there. My parents (who were very young - I attended my father's college graduation) flew down to Hot Springs so I could be born at Army Navy Hospital, where my grandfather was Commander-in-Chief. My mom said she was treated like royalty!
10. Speaking of royalty, I once met the Queen Mother (Queen Elizabeth's late mother) at a trade show in England. She had the bluest eyes I've ever seen.
Posted by Becke Davis at 2:04 AM